In addition to fostering an enjoyment of reading for pleasure, the Library staff and teachers encourage students to develop research skills related to retrieval, evaluation and use of information, encouraging their independent learning throughout Worth and beyond.
The spacious library is located within the main study block and is open Monday to Saturday, including before and after school. It is staffed by a librarian and a library assistant who are always on hand to help users access a wide range of print and on-line resources. There is a large study area and a dedicated IT suite.
Through the online Worth School Library Catalogue and the Worth School Digital Library, students can use their Worth log-ins to reserve and renew books. They can also search for books, e-books, DVDs and audiobooks, as well as getting recommendations for what to read next and having the opportunity to write book reviews.
For a selection of pictures of the library at Worth School, including some wonderful displays that have been on show recently, click here.
The library is here to:
- Provide a flexible space with a wide and inclusive range of physical and digital resources to support teaching and learning throughout the School.
- Play a vibrant role in the development of a culture that promotes wider reading, motivated readers and learners for life.
- Provide a place for collaborative learning, creativity and for developing independent research and information literacy skills.
Library opening times
- The library is open throughout the school day from 8.30am to 8pm.
- Pupils are welcome to access the library for general use: to complete prep, change books, read or study.
- During lesson times pupils will need permission to use the library and must sign in.
- The library is reserved for Senior School pupils between 6.30pm and 8pm Mondays to Fridays.
- The library holds over 15,000 print books, both for recreational reading and to support academic studies.
- We also subscribe to an extensive suite of e-books.
- Our e-resources provide access to a wealth of online material.
- Our library catalogue Eclipse will help students find resources, get recommendations for what to read next, see what is on an account, reserve items, create a wish list and much more.
Students can find out how to log on to these accounts by speaking to the librarian or the library assistant.