Year 12 Biology students enjoyed a fascinating day of interactive and engaging lectures when they attended Biology in Action at the Emmanuel Centre in London.
Students were inspired by five sessions of talks delivered by renowned scientists. The conference concluded with a special session with hints and tips for revision and examination success.
The five sessions were:
- Saving Our Insects by Dave Goulson, University of Sussex;
- Pathogens, Plagues and Prehistory by Pooja Swali, PhD student at The Francis Crick Institute & Science Communicator;
- Life as a genomic ophthalmologist is very double stranded! by Mariya Moosajee, Clinician Scientist in Ophthalmology;
- Is it worth it? by Helen Pilcher, Author and Science Communicator;
- Transforming Trauma by James Piercy, Science Communicator.
Educational trips are an important part of an education at Worth, complementing classroom studies.